Frequently Asked Questions
We are thrilled that you will be joining us for the Global Investment Symposium, hosted by Caye International Bank and the Belize Advantage Team, being held November 9-12, 2017 on the beautiful Caribbean island of Ambergris Caye, Belize.
We are lining up a fantastic group of speakers who I am sure you will enjoy. Within this document, you will find answers to frequently asked questions & general information about the event.
Host Hotel: Exotic Caye Beach Resort (www.BelizeisFun.com)
Grand Baymen Gardens (www.GrandBaymen.com)
For rates please scroll to question #12.
Venue: Caye Financial Centre Ground Floor
Conference Opens: Wednesday, November 8th @ 5:30 pm
(The Beach in Front of Exotic Caye Beach Resort)
Conference Closes: Sunday, November 12th @ 5:00 pm
How much does it cost to attend the conference?
The full conference price is $1,299 for a single and $1,999 for a double; however, if you register before September 15th you will save $400 off the regular rate, making the conference fee only $899 for a single and $1599 for a double. Also, we are offering a FREE snorkeling trip to the reef if you register and pay for the conference by September 15th!
Registration received September 15th to October 31st, 2017 will be charged $1099 for a single and $1799 for a double. The full price of $1,299 for a single and $1,999 for a double goes into effect when you register after October 31st.
What is included in the conference price?
Conference pricing includes:
- Access to all conference session, break-out sessions and the opportunity to have one-on-one time with any of the speakers
- Cocktail Welcome reception on Wednesday evening
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as coffee breaks with goodies Thursday – Saturday
- Dinners will be held at some of the best restaurants on the island!
- A roof-top Cocktail hour on Friday evening before dinner
- Breakfast Sunday morning
- A FREE snorkeling trip to the reef (if you book before September 15, 2017)
- Basically, everything except your airfare and hotel room
How do I stay updated about the conference prior to my departure?
How is this conference different?
#1 – Delivered in an “Investment Planning” Mindset
We all talk about having a Plan, but the honest truth is, most of us don’t have an actionable investment plan in place that they are actually working. This conference will help you:
- Get "connected" with the right International Investment Experts
- Understand the components of a solid investment plan
- Learn about investment opportunities that are realizing amazing returns
- Explore options to set up a Plan B for when things get worse...
#2 – Total Submersion into Global Investing
This conference is not a boondoggle! Expect three full days of presentations and one-on-one sessions giving you all of the information you need to formalize and take action on your investment plan.
#3 – Complete Conference Experience
We make it easy for you to attend this conference without having to worry about all of the details. The conference price includes:
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner for three day – that’s a $600 value!
- Opening Night Cocktail Reception – Allowing you to meet the presenters, fellow attendees and Conference Sponsors before the conference begins
- Three full days of interactive presentations delivered by investment advisors
- Access to speakers and investment advisors throughout the conference
- With a limit on attendee, you will have ample time to uncover what strategy is best for your personal situation
What is the currency in Belize, and what is the exchange rate?
Small US dollars are accepted, but Belizean dollars are the standard form of currency in Belize. The exchange rate is US$1 to B$2.
What language do they speak in Belize?
English is the official language of Belize.
Where on the island is the conference being held?
The conference is being hosted at Exotic Caye Beach Resort (ECBR), located less than ½ mile south of San Pedro Town. At this location will be breakfasts, lunches, and the welcome reception party. The presentations will be held on the first floor of the Caye Bank Financial located directly across the street from ECBR. The yoga room at ECBR will house the presenters’ expo tables and will host the coffee breaks.
Where and when do I pick-up my conference materials?
You can pick-up your conference materials Thursday morning before the speaking sessions begin. You will find a registration table just inside the conference room.
What is the dress code for the conference?
Packing is never easy, especially for a conference on a tropical island in the Caribbean! We suggest that you wear business casual attire during the presentations (shorts and flip-flops OK). For dinner, business casual or casual is suggested. Women, heels are not suggested for presentations or beach events. Please, no sweats.
Which airports fly directly to Belize?
You can book direct flights to Belize from: Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Houston, Denver, LA, Miami and New York City at JFK.
How do I get to the conference?
The conference is held in the town of San Pedro on the island of Ambergris Caye in Belize, the country’s largest caye. All international flights come into Belize City. There are two ways to get to the (island) caye, by small commuter plane or by Water taxi.
- Book your flight in advance by going to www.tropicair.com. Make sure that you are flying from Belize City Gldsn Intl – BZE to San Pedro – SPR.
- Once you land in Belize City you will need to go through immigrations and customs, and then follow the signs for domestic flights. You will walk about 30 feet and arrive at the counters for Tropic Air.
By Water Taxi
- If you prefer not to fly over to Ambergris Caye from Belize's International Airport, you will need to take a 30 minute transfer in a taxi to the water taxi terminal located in the heart of Belize City. This usually costs $25 USD. You will find a taxi right outside of the Immigrations and Customs area at the International Airport.
- From the Water Taxi terminal you can take a boat taxi over to the island. Info and pricing can be found online at www.belizewatertaxi.com.
- When you arrive in San Pedro grab a US$5 cab ride to Exotic Caye Beach Resort. If you’re up for an adventure, you can walk 15-minutes to the resort, but with your luggage and an uneven road, the journey may not be very enjoyable. If you are not staying at ECBR, enjoy the cab ride to your hotel, and we’ll see you at the conference!
What is the weather like during this time of year?
In November, the rainy season is just ending and the sun is starting to make its appearance.
With this being said, you may want to pack an umbrella or rain jacket just in case. Temperatures are around 84-89 degrees Fahrenheit during the day and low 80s at night.
Can I drink the tap water?
Tap water at Exotic Caye Beach Resort and Grand Baymen is filtered and okay to drink.
If you have a sensitive stomach and are a bit more cautious, go the safe route and drink bottled water. There is a grocery store located across the street from Caye Financial Centre if you want to pick up some drinks prior to the conference.
I am bringing another person, but s/he doesn’t want to attend the seminars. Can s/he attend meals?
Yes, there is a meal package option available for $599/person. This covers all meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktail parties during the event. Paying on a per meal basis is not permitted. If your guest is not registered as having paid this meal package, s/he will not be permitted to attend any of the group meals or functions.
What are the hotel rates?
Donna Ehart will assist you in booking your hotel reservation. Below you will find a list of recommended hotels:
Rustic Beachfront: Exotic Caye Beach Resort http://www.belizeisfun.com/bel_accom.htm Standard 1-bedroom condo - $90/night + 9% tax
Peaceful Oasis: Grand Baymen Gardens (200 meters off-beach) www.grandbaymen.com 1-bedroom suite - $105/night + 9% tax
Other Offsite Properties
Close & Affordable: Corona Del Mar – Located close to Caye Financial Centre where the conference will be held. http://www.coronadelmarhotel.com/ rooms starting at $90 + 9% tax
Charming Apartments: Isla Bonita Yacht Club – 5 minute walk to the Conference Centre. http://www.islabonitayachtclub.com/ apartments start at $135 + 9% tax
Island Elegance: The Phoenix – Located slightly north of town approximately 1 mile from the conference center https://thephoenixbelize.com/ 2-bedroom suites starting at $390 + 9% tax
Intimate & Luxurious: Victoria House Resort & Spa – approximately one mile from the conference center. https://www.victoria-house.com/ rooms starting at $299 + 19% tax & service
Once you have decided where to stay, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know how many people will be sharing the room, your check-in and check-out dates and which hotel you prefer.
What is the conference cancelation policy?
If your conference registration is canceled 60 days or more prior to arrival date, you will receive a full refund, less USD$150.00 Cancellation Fee. Cancelations made between 31 to 59 days prior to the event will receive a 50% refund. Cancelations requested 30 days or less prior to the event will receive no refund. This includes any cancellation due to airline delays, strikes, political unrest, or acts of god -including hurricanes. There will be no refund for no-show or any unused portions of the event. Cancellation requests must identify the registrant’s name, email address and phone number. Please send cancellation requests to email@example.com.
How can I pay for the conference?
If you already have a Caye International Bank account, you can pay via internal transfer. You can also pay for the conference either via Wire transfer or Credit Card. For Wire Instructions and Credit Card Authorization Forms, please contact Donna Ehart at dehart@CayeBank.bz.
“The conference was one of the best I have ever attended. The vast amount of information that’s presented along with meeting like-minded individuals not to mention the planned activities went far beyond my expectations. Well worth it!”
Lee L. Napa, CA